Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Card Deletion Permissions

前田浩晃 August 12, 2022

Sorry.Please tell me.

Administrator:Has Card Delete Permission.

Others:Do not have Card Delete Permission.

Is such a setting possible?

My Team  use the free version.

I am sorry for my unskillful English.
Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2022

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch

Rafael from Trello Support, I hope you're doing okay!

Right now, that feature isn’t available within Trello. I’ll pass your interest in this on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Board-level permissions aren't that granular, I'm afraid, so you can't specify to that detail what each board member can do. For board-level permissions, you can either have someone be a normal board member, a board admin, or a read-only Observer, but even normal board members can delete cards.

So right now your only option for others not having the ability to delete cards would be inviting them as Observers.

If there's anything more we can help you with, let us know!

Cheers,
Rafael
Atlassian Support - Trello
ATLASSIAN

前田浩晃 August 16, 2022

Thank you for the useful information.

I found it difficult to realize my ideal.

Thank you very much for your response.

Like Rafael Dill likes this
Beth Maxwell October 27, 2022

The request for a restricted delete card permission for boards appears to be common in other related threads.  Is this on Trello's roadmap?

Rafael Dill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2022

Hi Beth, good question! Since Trello is designed to be a collaborative tool, we don't have plans at this moment to change the permissions beyond what we currently have.

Israel Atlantis August 27, 2023

I have premium license, i cant tell you how much frustrated the entire team is after we woke up in the morning and found all the workspace washed by our member over misunderstanding.

Working in a team you can not control characters but as a tool, a software admin  should have permission and ability to limit access to members.

Who ever is reading this, trello is only simple to use but NOT secure at all!

With the normal permission, a user can Archive, Delete Boards and cards.

Our entire workspace notes, files, references are gone, So strange. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events