It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ability to Collapse list?

I would like the ability to collapse a list (for example, "Completed" or "Done") but still able to drag a card into it.  I'm guessing this is not possible.  If not, can this be added as a feature?  Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Atlassian Team Jan 30, 2018

Hi Michael,

You're right, that's not something that's currently possible within Trello, but I'll let the team know it's something you're looking for, and we'll consider that for future versions of Trello!

I'm currently trialling Trello after several months using KanbanFlow, and the #1 thing I miss is the ability to collapse lists into their headings - all the visual clutter makes it hard to focus. I want to check my "waiting" list once per day. I want to check my "backlog" only after I'm through my "do next" list. I don't need to see them the rest of the time - it's distracting.

I would also love this functionality.

Yes, I'm missing the ability to collapse lists as in KanbanFlow.

For example, I have a planner with a list for every day of the week + next week + later + Done + Projects. This gives me 11 lists which won't fit onto my screen. It would be great to be able to focus on Today, Tomorrow and Done without needing the clutter of the other days.

I know there's a Chrome extension to do this but I'm using Safari on Mac.

Can we have a Power-Up for this, please?

Thanks.

Alan

I'm beyond floored that we can't collapse a list! Isn't the point of Trello to simplify systems, keeping everything visually "clean"?

.. forgot to mention, collapsing lists would make it easy to have multiple rows too! That way you can see more of what is on your board without having to keep swiping over to get to the end.

Like Gabby_Lynch likes this
0 votes

But Trello seems to have that function already... here's what one of my Boards shows. Just that I don't know how the 'Collapse' 'twizzles' got inserted!

Collapsing lists.JPG

Looks like you're using a browser extension for that.

There are a couple of chrome extensions that include the drop down ability.

Chrome extension "PM for Trello" includes it amongst the functions, along with ability to add estimated/consumed hours.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pm-for-trello/bpoinaajmddigpifcllncafoienemiid?hl=en

Chrome extension "collapisable trello lists" by WebRender ...  is only for drop down list ability, so dispenses with anything you dont require and keeps the board clean from extras.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/collapsible-trello-lists/kejemfjfgoaekplmemlkjljcfloiemho?hl=en

I use the trello labels, so addition of labels from the PM plugin is distraction litter ... something not used but some idiot will put something in there for sure, although the hrs function saves needing a powerup to take out of my board allocation.

Ideally, use plugins for visual, and powerups for data ... although PM's data is similar to markdown formatting and stored in the title text, so if you know how to read what the numbers in brackets mean, you can read it off a list ... hrs are stored in (allocated)[used].

Add the application Trello Folds", its a chrome powerup.

If you put a card title ##--- or ##anythingUwant it will make that a collapsable, vertically.

So, you could have it as a ##PREVIOUS 
People without the application see it as previous cards, you can then block out anything below and say move things down below it after a week or when you want it out of view.

Then, you can see part of the picture on your screen, and hide from view naff stuff thats old news.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you