Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will atlassian ever add threaded replies to trello?

George Beard May 17, 2021

Hey there, 

As the title suggests I'm keen to know if this is something that is being worked on by the development team. It feels like I have been waiting for this feature now for years and held off moving to another system in the hope that it is such an obvious thing that was just around the corner. (even some third party trello rip offs have this feature now)

For me this is the biggest issue right now with Trello, the current reply system is messy and unorganized and causes confusion and lack of productivity for our teams. 

We work in such a way that sometimes a card will have many discussions going on regarding different points and it seems the reply system on the cards currently is only suited to having a single point of discussion, not multiple. 

Appreciate your time 

3 comments

Ari Adler May 18, 2021

I completely agree with this. The option for threaded replies would be an outstanding improvement in the efficiency of rolling discussions on a card. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

@George Beard - I would suggest submitting a feature request.  https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello  This helps them understand what is desired by the user community.  

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

@George Beard while you're waiting, some things I find useful when discussing things in Trello are:

1) Using interleaved replies by prefixing lines with ">" to indent. If you do ">>" it indents twice, so it's similar to interleaved emails

2) When things get too threaded, create new cards. You can sub-task from checklist items to split off conversations into multiple topics

I think probably some of the resistance to building this in Trello is that, if you need to discuss multiple topics, there is already a way to split them up by having different cards. There's also already a way to to group these together by putting them into a list.

Like Martin Keane likes this
Martin Keane May 24, 2021

Thanks for the indent suggestion @Iain Dooley

Seems a good shout in the meantime, whether threaded replies arrives or not. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events