Why do this Atlassian migration now? I can't afford to lose my boards.

Julie Clarke-Bush March 24, 2020

Every time I open a Trello board, I get a pop up about Atlassian. It says I need to reassign all my boards. I'm in the middle of a crisis. My company is setting up emergency websites to help workers. It's a TIGHT deadline. We're stressed out. More stress than I've ever experienced in my life. This pop up may push me over the edge.

I don't have time right now to reorganize all my boards. I can't risk locking out my staff or letting my staff see my personal boards. I can't win with this option!!! Can you please reconsider doing this now? Or make it easier, or not do it. With everything changing in my life, I need Trello to be my anchor.

I'm reading here about Trello Atlassian board migrations failing and boards disappearing. How do I back up my Trello board? 

3 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

@Julie Clarke-Bush can you post a screenshot of the message you're seeing (without any other personal information)?

Mary Black March 25, 2020

I am just as concerned as well.  We have a TON of project cards that we cannot afford to lose.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Not only is this terrible timing, but really... you are going to make me have two different trello accounts just to keep my personal boards private from my employer?

That is INSANE.  The beauty of trello is that I can have all of my project work in ONE space. And what about communications... Further, trello is normally the BEST communicator.  Now you just drop this message on us with no real explanation and help to understand HOW we can keep everything on one account and maintain our personal board privacy?  

Oh the anxiety at an already crazy time.  Just NUTS trello.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2020

A workaround to make things easier

LPT: Create your personal boards at home then invite your work account to the board. From that point onwards you can access and edit that board from the single account, but if you change employer you will keep access to all your private information. I have done this myself for over a year.

The timing of this change

When the dates for the change to how Trello accounts were planned, no one had any idea of the significant world events that would be happening around the same time. I'm sure the Trello team are considering their options around the timing of the remaining changes.

Why this change is necessary

This change to the way accounts work in Trello is a long time coming. From an organisation perspective, it is very important, long-awaited improvement, and communication about the change has been going for over 2 years! There are implications for billing, compliance (access to data, security, etc), and user management.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events