When move the card from one board to another board, checked items in checklist turn into no check

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Hey there,

I noticed when moving the card from one board to another board, checked items in checklist became unchecked, do you have same thing on your end, or some setup we could avoiding it...

4 comments

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2020

Hey @RenoT 

I move my cards quite often and I haven't came across this scenario. I do have automation for one of my boards to uncheck my items from a specific list when I move a card over. 

Is it happening for more than one board? Have you checked whether there is a rule that is clearing your checked items on both boards (source and target)? 

Cheers.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

Hey Ivan,

Thank you for your input, really appreciate it.

Seems it happens to more than one board, but my automation rule in Butler all disable already, any other hiding comments in Trello or setup that I could change?

Thanks & have a great day...

Reno TONG

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

Seems it happened to all new boards I created in last week, unfortunately I normally created board form one template, it must be some setting incorrect but I have no idea where it is, anyone could share with me? in Activity I could find every checklist I brought in I marked it as incomplete, not sure why and what caused that activity yet.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2020

Hey there,

Tested again today, seems when you copy the card from one board to another board, all check items will be cleared, but when you move it all check items will stay as it was...

The meantime, noticed that if using Unito to sync cards from one to another, the check items will be cleared somehow, not sure why yet, and there is no rule set in new board.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

@RenoT , That is correct. Moving a card keeps your checklist items as-is whereas copying it will clear your checked items. 

Also, if you're referring to Unito card mirroring, it creates a copy. Therefore, it duplicates your card and keeps in sync with the original. In this case, it's not moved over but copied - which clears your checked items and sync them afterwards.

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Sounds like that, thanks Ivan, still waiting for Unito Customer Support person to get back to me, will update all as soon as I had the answer from them...

Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2020

Hey @RenoT , just in case Unito is not matching what you are looking for, you could take a look into Zapier. There is a Trigger for Trello "Any activity in Trello" so when a card is copied will be triggered. Also an action that "Check items as complete in a Trello card" so doing the proper workflow you could cook it yourself.

Also, I know is not a super nice solution, but copying the card in the board you are currently working ( checked items will stay as it was ), and moving that card to the board you wanted will do the work... but with few more clicks I am afraid.

Good luck!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events