What are the best alternatives to Trello?

James April 27, 2023

I like Trello for its simplicity and usability, but I’m curious to know whether there are other alternatives that might be worth checking out? I’ve tried clickup, Asana, notion and some others but didn’t like anything better than Trello so far. 

4 comments

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hi @James ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! Can you let us know the features you are looking out in Trello which you find missing? Perhaps Jira Work Management is something which you want to check out?

Cheers

Ajay

James April 27, 2023

Thanks Ajay. Key features for me are a simple and easy to use board with a good calendar view. Sync with another calendar is a bonus. 

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

IMHO Trello is best when it comes to Board usage. The calendar view is also available as a default feature... 

Calendar integration might require a additional power-up to be installed. However google calendar integration is quite straightforward

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/using-trello-with-google-calendar/

Irina Cherkasova - Planyway
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2023

Hi @James !

It's Irina from Planyway:)

Since you like Trello so much, you may consider checking out Planyway for Trello power-up which is fully in sync with Trello. We provide a Calendar and a Timeline visualization. Plus, you can connect your multiple calendars to be displayed on your Calendar / Timeline view together with your Trello tasks. 

If it sounds interesting to you, you can book a demo call with me here

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2023

Hi @James 

As a Trello obsessive, I find it hard not to be biased by my clients expect me to give them the solution that fits for their business.  Truthfully, comparing Trello to anything out there on what it does and how is a pointless comparison.  

Simply put, there are lots of complete solutions out there and I have used pretty much all of them. They just are so different to Trello and a lot of this comes down to personal choice.

Of the competitions, I think that Monday.com is the most complete with a balance of excellent features v's useability.....but its not Trello

Trello is a platform that gives you the freedom and flexibility to mould it exactly to your needs.  That is its strength.  

A big mistake people make is starting with the tool, looking at how it can fix their problems, how it can organise them and letting the tool guide what they do.  Don't fall into this trap.

The software tools you use must be able to fit into your business, to your needs and make your life easier.  You have to know what you want and why before addressing the how.

• If you want a solution that is ready made and you can hit the ground running...on their terms go for something like Monday.com
  • If you want to build something from scratch, with lots of moving parts that elegantly adapt to your business, go with Trello
  • If you want both, use Trello and contact me. I can create you an amazing solution to meet almost any need you have...😊
Richard South May 9, 2023

Hey @James ; have you come across Superthread? It has a very Trello-like approach to Boards & Tasks in terms of simplicity and flexibility, you'd feel right at home, but it also has documentation, allowing you to build Wikis, take notes, publish public pages etc. I believe they're introducing a Calendar view very shortly, but don't quote me on that.

Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2023

Hi @James

Can you tell us what makes you look for an alternative? Or what it is that you're trying to achieve and can't do on Trello? I'm sure you'll get better answers then. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events