Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Trello in IT service company

David Chandra March 31, 2020

We are an IT service company. We have new implementation and development projects, as well as troubleshooting of existing applications.

We intend to use Trello to track new projects and cases. We have several questions.

• Currently, we use one board to track incoming cases. How about the closed cases? Should it be moved to another board, like a customer board?
  • Should we create a board for each customer?
  • Should we create a board for each project? 
  • If there are 2 boards created by 2 different persons, the boards will belong to the respected persons? How if one person resigns, will the board be gone also?
  • I use Trello for personal use also. Should I have 2 Trello accounts?

Thank you.

Regards,
David.

1 comment

Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2020

Hey David,

Hope that you had a good weekend!

1. You have a couple of options for closed cases. On my personal boards, I have a list called "Completed" where I move my tasks as I complete them. Every now and then, I then archive all of the cards in this list so that the list doesn't get too overloaded.

2. If you want to share certain confidential information, then it could make sense to have a board for a specific customer where you can share project details.

3. This is really up to how you set up your workflows - I know customers that like to have all of their projects on one board to have the overview, and others that have separate boards.

4. One solution to this is create a team within Trello, and put the boards there. This means that the boards can be visible to all team members, and if you use a Business Class subscription the team admin can also access all team boards.

5. I would always recommend to have a separate account for personal work. This makes sure that you are the one maintains access to this information.

Thanks!

Ryan

David Chandra April 7, 2020

Hi Ryan,

We have hundreds of customers, with different kinds of issues for each of them. After a few years, we are going to have thousands of completed cards.

If we have archived the completed cards, how we find them again? Because sometimes we need to look at old cases for reoccurrence issues.

Thank you.

David

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events