Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello isn't Trello anymore with the new sidebar.

Elderwvlf September 21, 2021

Been about a week with the new sidebar. And I'm finding the sidebar shorcut change to 'B' very hard to access as I have my left hand at all times at the bottom left of the keyboard where all the power shorcuts are. And the decentralized board access from various workspaces has broken my workflow. Having available all my priority boards using the star board feature was key to access what is important.

Everyone thinks the Kanban List is what makes Trello. But for me the old sidebar with the old sidebar shorcut 'B' was what made trello, that is, the user experience.

2 comments

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I'll share your feedback with the team, but can you also fill out our survey on the new navigation? https://trello.typeform.com/to/xtXa4sVq

Lukas October 6, 2021

I'm missing the List of "favorite/starred boars" in the sidebar very hard... is there a possibility to switch them on? Would be a great feature. I cannot see the boards anymore in the sidebar, where I'm only guest. In the old sidebar, the favorite boards where listed in the sidebar, that was fine for me, to config my view.

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2021

Hi Lukas, the header has dropdowns for Starred and Recent boards:

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.59.32 am.png

The sidebar is meant for navigation within a workspace. 

Lukas October 6, 2021

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I understand the concept. But for my Workflow it means:

- No direct overview over my "using-every-minute-boards" anymore, they are not "on my table", the are "in the drawer" now.

- One Click more (thousands a day) to reach my favorite boards (open the dropdown menu)

So what is the function "favorite" for?  In my eyes, "favorite" means: My very important,  best reachable boards. is it realy like that now?

If you're using trello intensively, like me, it's frustrating to make so many unnecessary clicks, sad but true.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events