Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello data scraping

johndpatton January 23, 2024

FYI - got a notification about this this morning - just wanted to pass it along 

In January 2024, data was scraped from Trello and posted for sale on a popular hacking forum. Containing over 15M email addresses, names and usernames, the data was obtained by enumerating a publicly accessible resource using email addresses from previous breach corpuses. Trello advised that no unauthorised access had occurred.

https://twitter.com/H4ckManac/status/1747527579559411959

1 comment

Preston VanSanden
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 23, 2024
Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Awephton January 25, 2024

The same for me, I am following this. What can I do to minimize the effect?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2024

As the Article suggests, no email addresses or names were directly obtained from Trello, only the public bio page was accessed.  If it so happens that your email was matched to your Trello username, you may want to ensure that your email address is better protected.

The article sets out the steps you can take to protect yourself:

• Enable two-factor authentication on your Trello account.

• Use a strong unique password mixing letter, numbers, and special characters.

• You can also use a password manager such as LastPass or Bitwarden to generate and manage your account’s password.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events