cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello automation feedbck

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

Trello automation (formerly butler) has somewhat stagnated (or for a more positive spin, stabilised) for some time now but you may have spotted there is now options to give feedback both in the automation window and from the automation menu on Trello

Screenshot 2023-02-27 123123.png

For all those who are bringing Trello to life with automation, regardless of if you are new or have been using it for years, this can give us hope that the Trello automation team are looking for feedback with a view to continue to improve the automation.  

We should all take the opportunity to give some feedback. 

In this thread, provide your wishlist for automation.  Then send the same thing through the feedback link.  I am sure there are many really cool ideas that people have here.

I'll start with a few of mine:

• New variables for {checklistitemduedate}, {checklistitemmember} (could also use the 'previous' prefix
  • New variables for {checklistitemcount}, {checklistitemstate}
  • New variable for {triggercardposition}
  • Set the date value of a checklist item directly from the card due date and vice-versa
  • Sort card checklists and checklist items action
  • Change card cover
  • When a due date or a member is set on a card linked in a checklist of another card, be able to find the {triggercardlink} in checklist and set the date or member to matc
  • Reference boards by ID/link instead of name
  • Return of features from the old Butler:
    • Rename checklists
    • Move checklist item to top
    • Move checklist item to top
    • Create/Copy Boards
    • Rename boards
    • Custom/global variables

2 comments

Nadja von Massow November 18, 2023

all of the above, plus...

• global automations across all boards
  • and/or clauses
  • native card synchronisation (maybe that needs to be a separate feature)
Mariana Silva Brito
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

Guys, is it possible to configure an automation that appear to all members on board?
I made an automation with buttons and it just shows up for me. I'd like all the members to have access to it.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events