Trello activity

EduardDoyinskiy September 17, 2020

Hi everyone!

Is there any way to track cards reordering within the list? The "Activity" only notifies if the card has been moved to another list, but this is not the same. It should be quite a common use case to see whether a card is reordered (e.g, by priority) or no.

If it is not possible doing this in Trello, are there any tools or extensions to do that?

Thanks in advance.

2 comments

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

@EduardDoyinskiy  a card pos change within list will show up as a updateCard action. You can detect it using a webhook or use the fetch_action function (py-trello) to filter out the updateCard actions. The next dependency will be what else you need to be automated.

Like # people like this
EduardDoyinskiy September 18, 2020

Ok, I got it.

I supposed that is possible to do via Trello UI (browser), like "Activity" history, not webhook or fetch. 

Thanks for answering!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2020

@EduardDoyinskiy  The Trello activity details at card and board level is controlled by Trello. I do not know of a way show an output there.

for a webhook, it will have to inspect all card updates at the callback URL aka endpoint and then to write the data somewhere like a card description which can trigger Butler commands etc. It does mean you must have back capabilities. The platform(beta) I have been using and the Butler Add on I developed can do that. Alternatively you can use @Iain Dooley ’s Trellinator. 

The fetch option is more for investigation. 

Like EduardDoyinskiy likes this
EduardDoyinskiy September 18, 2020

Thanks a lot! It sounds interesting!

Jörg Grabinski July 26, 2021

You might want to take a look at our Trello-Tool. It lets you filter card activities by user, board and time-Window. The type of action can also be specified. You will see who moved content up and down and when this was done...

Action up and down.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events