Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Login through URL

Thibault Pourbaix May 27, 2019

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to login to my trello account with url without manually keying in my email and password. I wanted to use URL query parameters but I don't think it is possible.
Maybe there is a way to prefill my email and password ? 

Thanks for your help,

Thibault

2 comments

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2019

@Thibault PourbaixMost browsers have a built in password manager which would allow you to do that.  Trello itself does not offer access through URL query parameters.

fdj April 23, 2020

I second this request... not just that it's harder/longer to login, but also:

1) perhaps because you implemented login as 2-stage form submit, this seems to break password remember/autofill-in (in browsers and password archival tools).   the only way to avoid this is to never logout, which is not a great security policy in general and definately not that there is now one account for all atlassian services (including source code).

2) probably about 1/10 attempts, the login doesn't fail/suceed... it just hangs and has to be re-attempted.  which perhaps happens with other services but bc of your weird login process it makes it 4x as long about 1/10 of time.

Both of these occur same regardless of whether first trying to use trello, or going to id.atlassian.com and then trello, fwiw.    i love trello and also am user of other altassian services, but this has been a negative daily experience.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events