Things that need to improve with Trello

Eric Woehrling January 18, 2021

We switched to Trello from Workboard almost a year ago and now is a good time to take stock. After a good start, I am starting to find negatives with the Trello experience. The good news is, these do not seem to be difficult issues to fix. The bad news is: I've mentioned a number of them to Trello a while ago and there seems to be no response.

The key disadvantages of Trello versus Workboard are:

(i) Trello doesn't let you edit the key parameters of cards (due date and list, e.g. moving from "doing" list to "done" without entering the board and card. Workboard, by contrast, allows you to click on a widget in the task (Workboard equivalent of Trello card) and edit these without going into the task 

(ii) Trello lacks adequate functionality to allow you to view all of your cards across different boards (details below)

1) Trello team table view

Trello team table view in theory addresses the issue of (ii) above. There's only one problem and it's a really basic one: there's nowhere that lets you save the boards you've added to the table. So to use team table view you have to re-add the boards every day. That seems pretty silly.

2) My cards

My cards should also address (ii) above. But when I open "my cards" I get options to see all my cards. When I click that, a lot of my cards don't show. Then I click on an option just to show my team cards. Suddenly a lot of team cards appear. But still some are missing. I click on the board and, sure enough, there's one of the hidden cards. I go back to "my cards" and presto, the missing card is there. I have receipts (screenshots). The problem is, when you look at my cards, you never know which are the hidden ones. It defeats the purpose. 

3) Meetings

As flagged in another post, the Trello meetings power up only works for boards, not cards. This makes no sense. A lot of cards across different boards will be meetings, but not all cards in any board is a meeting. Trello should do the basic thing and enable meeting power up for cards.

These are all small tweaks. Why don't you fix them, Trello?

2 comments

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Eric Woehrling ,

Thanks for sharing! 

I hope Trello will have these features in future updates!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Eric Woehrling January 18, 2021

Thankyou Soumyadeep - glad I'm not the only one.

Take care,

Eric

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2021

@Eric Woehrling I noticed there is a way to "Bookmark" the Team Table view so you can save your board and filter selections.

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 16.02.36.png

Eric Woehrling February 3, 2021

Thanks Dan. When I click the Bookmark button in the desktop App all that happens is that it generates a url which allows me to view the Team table view in browser. It doesn't save the table view in the App. Was that button what you meant?

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2021

ah yes I'm using Trello in my browser (Chrome). So I can bookmark that link and click it when I want to open that view again another time.

Sounds like its not savable available in the desktop app yet though. An indication that Trello are working on a solution at least. Hopefully its added to the desktop app soon for you :) 

Eric Woehrling February 3, 2021

There it is then. Thanks a lot for taking the time to offer me your advice, I very much appreciate it.

Have a great day.

Eric

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events