Task Ownership?

Aggie@ Branderbee October 15, 2019

Hi,

I love Trello! Maybe this feature is available already as an add-on?
THE FEATURE WE NEED: Task Ownership System - our company works on small web design tasks which need to be done quickly. i have a pool of designers who can complete tasks. I need to be able to post a brief and send to all at once. the first person to pick up the task will get to do it. But once picked up it needs to be obvious to others that its been taken and no longer available to work on? Any ideas how we could do this with Trello?

2 comments

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hello Aggie@ Branderbee  and welcome!

You can assign members to cards to show who is responsible for it.

Based on what you mention above, you could easily create a list where you put the new tasks (Unclaimed Tasks list). From there, all designers can review the cards.

Once a designer decides they can take the task, they can move the card to a different list (Work in Progress list) and assign themselves as a member. This would indicate that they have taken the task and are now responsible to complete it. 

I hope this helps!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

I would like the ability to have a single owner as well. As Carrie mentioned you can certainly use Members but that sort of breaks if (in Jira lingo) you want an Assignee and multiple watchers. That said, the nice thing about Trello is it allows a group to own an issue/task. For small teams I have use Labels for ownership and even lists but neither are ideal.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

You can also use Custom Fields to designate the official "Assignee" and everyone else is just a watcher.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

good call Brittany. Though I am on the free version w/ limited PUPs but I like the option.

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

Fair! I would say labels would be the best way to handle that without using a power-up

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events