Swimlanes for Trello

Xd_Golden_Tiger June 10, 2021

Hey 👋

I have a quick feature request (Not sure if this is the correct place)

There are a lot of people wanting this feature, Trello has been running for a pretty long time, The Developers have put a lot of hard work into making Trello.

But there is just one small thing that does would make Trello way better, and that is Swimlanes (List Categories), I have searched through the Powerups, and couldn't see anything, there is a chrome extension, But I think people would want an official Swimlane system that is built into Trello itself.

Swimlanes will help out so much with organizing and categorizing lists.

If this is not already an ongoing/upcoming feature in development, I think it would be cool if it could be added to the list 🙂

Edit -----

For all the new viewers of this topic, This is a workaround for Swimlanes, They still are not officially a feature yet, But something like this will do. 👇

fde.PNG

5 comments

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hey @Xd_Golden_Tiger 👋

Welcome to the Community! Awesome feature request - to help you get a little further with this I would suggest taking at Trello's support page on How to submit a feature request >> https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Good luck on your quest 😃

All the best,

Laura

Ok, Thank you

Alicia
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hello! 

I supposse you have tried, but I think, until this option be created for Trello, you can use labels to each categories, and then you can filter by labels. Or you can use sorting cards with colors on the cover. I use them and for the moment, it is ok for me. 

Regards, Alicia. 

(sorry for my english, I'm spanish)

Yeah, That is what I have been doing 🙂

I just wanted to create a feature request for an official way of creating sub categories (Swimlanes)

Alicia
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

ahh ok, yes it would be fine the way you say. 

I have found a cool way of organizing the lists, It is easy. But still prefer official swimlanes 😁

This is how I am currently organizing my lists.

fde.PNG

Alicia
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

Yes, that what I had in my mind ;-)

Deleted user June 29, 2021

Fully agree. Official swim-lanes would be great, but this is a decent work around :)

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Xd_Golden_Tiger  This feature now does exist (if you are willing to add a free power-up to your board)

https://trello.com/power-ups/622f0650eda2213318a6fdee/swimlanes-by-blue-cat 

Robin

Founder: Blue Cat Reports for Trello and more :)

Xd_Golden_Tiger April 4, 2022

Oh awesome!

Jaap Fresco April 6, 2022

While its waaaaay better than the browser-extension, it's still not perfect. For one, I cannot move cards while in the swimlanes. That needs to be done the old fashioned way. I would so very love Trello to natively support this...

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2022

@Jaap Fresco we literally just added Drag and Drop this morning :)

swimlanes drag and drop.gif

What do you want next ;)

Robin

Like # people like this
Jaap Fresco April 6, 2022

Ehhhh, I stand corrected then.... Thank you! This makes my day! 

Javier Bonnemaison August 10, 2022

Is there a way to select only certain labels for swimlanes?  Otherwise you are basically dedicating labels to the use of swimlanes.   Thanks!

Marketplace Partner
August 11, 2022

Hi Javier,

You could use custom fields for your swimlanes? We also show swimlanes based on those (and member assignment).

Javier Bonnemaison August 11, 2022

Thanks Robin, I was aware that you can filter by custom fields, but I am trying to only use labels to keep the board design more flexible (no dependencies with card design), plus its free :-)

Marketplace Partner
October 28, 2022

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events