Support for Gfycat GIFS (Suggestion) Edited

We can't place a gfycat inside a card description.

Here is an example of a GIF from gfycat:

Would be amazing to be able to add something like:

in the description and automatically show the GIF behind.

Why it doesn't work right now?

Because Gfycat actually shows webm (videos), not GIF files on their website (so the "GIFS" are faster, have bigger size, better quality, etc.)

Most people use Gfycat for gifs as it's the "GIF viewing experience to the 21st century."

1 comment

Hi Lucian,

Marta here, from Trello support.

You're making a great point there and I'll share your interest in that with my team—please let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

If you're curious about how our team decides on what requests we work on, this article gives some insight into that process: We've also published a blog post with more detailed and visual information here:

To see what features our devs are currently working on, check out our dev board at

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and have a great day.

Thank you!

Does the Feature Request board is public and I can see my suggestion or is just for the dev team?

Does feature requests have a chance to be implemented even if no other person suggests that (here or on twitter)?

Also, could you add .GIFV too to the feature request card?

.GIFV are gifs (actually videos) from Imgur.

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,451 views 11 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot