cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Building with Trello

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

I have been using Trello since 2015, but want to start diving deeper and want to explore how to develop a powerup. This is what I came across when I started researching:

The best way to build on top of Trello is to create a Power-Up! With Power-Ups you can add buttons to cards and boards, show previews of attachments on Trello cards, and much more - all inside of Trello! Power-Ups add extra functionality inside of Trello and let you and your team work with more perspective. Some Power-Ups help you automate your workflows, others give you a new view into the data you have stored in cards.

https://developers.trello.com/docs/get-started

I also want to start trying out more of the existing 100+ power-ups that are already available via Trello.

Have you designed or developed any power-ups or do you have any neat ideas you are considering?

1 comment

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

@Jodi LeBlancYep, I'm working on a power-up.  It's about making collaboration with non-Trello people easier from Trello.

Building a power-up requires a deep dive into programming.  So my recommendation (if you are not a programmer) would be to build a use case you want to be solved.

Once you have this, try to make rough pencil sketches of each step a user should take, and decide if these steps are inside or outside of Trello.

Thereafter, see if these steps fit into a power-up, or if a Trello API integration would be a better fit.  My recommendation would be also to discuss with potential users and more technical people about the feasibility.

Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Thanks so much for the great advice @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- - I've been a mentor for Canada Learning Code for three years, but would like to learn more programming languages in the future. Your power-up sounds fantastic, congrats to you for taking this on - what a difference you will make for teams!
Jodi

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events