Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort by due date when adding a card to the list

Yakov Algaev July 4, 2023

1. Will I have to create discussion like this next time or is there a special form for ideas?

2. I have lists "planned", "need to do", "today", etc. Sometimes task from "need to do" (or from any other list) has the due date. And then I transfer it to "planned" that already has many cards. So I want to have in automation section possible to sort added card by due date.

It's also very help, when I transfer cards from "planned list of year kanban" to "planned list of current month kanban".

2 comments

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2023

@Yakov Algaev 

There already a trigger for when you add a due date to a card. So you can use that to move the card to another list. 
For Sort you can do it via a calendar command. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

The best automation for this is:

When a card is added to list regex:/(Planned|Need to Do|Today)/, sort the list "listname" by due date ascending

In the part in brackets (Planned|Need to Do|Today), you can include any of the lists you want to be sorted by due date when a card is added....

Like Yakov Algaev likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events