Recruiters- Applicant Tracking System- Looking for SUPER USER!

Kristen Sochor January 12, 2019

Good Morning!

I am trying to find a way to better track my candidate pipeline using Trello. I saw the colored labels, etc. Wondering if you can filter by color? Is this the best way to tag candidates and be able to find for future roles? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

2 comments

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2019

Hey @Kristen Sochor!

Labels are a great way to group different cards together, and you can indeed filter by them!  If you open the sidebar/toolbar, you’ll see a Filter option. From there you can view only cards with certain labels, as well as search and sort by due dates and members. 

Trello is a fantastic tool for managing candidates and the hiring process. Depending on your workflow, you have many ways to organize your data. For example, maybe you have a list for each step in the hiring process. Research Candidates, Reach Out, Interview, Offer Position, etc. (I am not a recruiter, so if these steps are horribly wrong, I hope I didn’t embarrass myself too much ;) ). Then you can have a card for each candidate. If they have photos, you can attach them as Card Covers so you can see them on the front of the card.

You can use labels for perhaps different areas of the business that you’re hiring for - Web Dev, Marketing, Sales, etc. That way, if you want to only work on those sales jobs you’re hiring for, you can filter by that label and it’ll hide everything else so you can focus on those.

You can attach anything and everything to the cards, so all resumes, LinkedIn URLs, etc. are on the card for that person, as well as have conversations with coworkers in the Comments section. You can use the description to keep track of notes on that client - interview questions you want to ask, their responses, quick notes on their job history so you don’t have to open the resume, etc. And you can use checklists for each step of the process, so you know you’re tackling every step before moving on to the next phase.

These are all just some ideas to get the juices flowing! If you want, you can share a bit about your process and we will happily help you get a Trello board set up so you can try it out and see if it’s for you.

Hope this helps!

Thank you soooo much for the reply! Do you have some time to chat? I am not finding the filter section for the labels. 

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2019

@Kristen Sochor Sure! You should see the option here: 

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.14.26 AM.png

If yours looks different, I know there’s some testing going on with tweaking this UI. It might be a little funnel-shaped icon next to a search box, if your sidebar doesn’t look like this.

Can you send me your contact info? Phone and Email? I am trying to reply back with a pic of my screen but it isn't allowing me to paste into here. 

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2019

@Kristen Sochor I’m sorry, I need to keep the conversation here as I’m just a volunteer and don’t work for Trello, I hope you can understand! You can add a picture of your screen by clicking or tapping the camera button in the formatting toolbar above the comment box - it should take you to a photo uploader. Let me know if this doesn’t work for you!

Like Kristen Sochor likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Kristen Sochor if you're in a web browser or the desktop app then you need to click "Show Menu" in the top right or hit the "f" key to open filter options.

If you're on the mobile app you need to be in a board then tap the magnifying glass icon at the top and choose "label" to pick one or start typing the name of a label.

In terms of labelling candidates to find them later. The best way of finding people you've tagged/labelled is to use Trello's search feature:

https://help.trello.com/article/972-filtering-vs-searching

So filtering is a way to give you a "view" on a single board, searching is a way to search that is more like a "database".

Feel free to contact me if you have any issues.

Kristen Sochor January 14, 2019

I cannot even find this option "show menu" . I am trying to send a pic of my screen but I am getting an error message. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@Kristen Sochor it sits in the top right beneath your profile pic:

2019-01-15 at 11.40 am.png

In some cases, the background picture can make it hard to see because the text colour of the menu is still white even if the background image shows white in that space.

You should be able to click/drag to highlight the text and see it there.

If that's not the case can you let us know what browser and OS you're using?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events