Problem with personal boards

Jennifer Blair October 21, 2017

Hello All,

I set up a proof of concept for an old client to see how Trello works account. Now all the boards show up in my personal boards and I notice the old client is now showing up as an admin on my account???

Some board settings I can remove boards or users and some boards I cannot remove the user?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would like to remove all 26 boards from my personal boards. 

Recently got a notice they are still using my personal boards for projects because they added me and then removed me from a task.

Kindly,

Jennifer

1 comment

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hi Jennifer,

This might be easier to talk through via https://trello.com/contact, where you can share specific board links with us, so feel free to reach out there if you're still having trouble.

When you create a new board, you're going to be listed as the board admin, and other people that you add to the board will (by default) be normal board members. There's no concept of an admin on an account—people can be admins of a board, or admins of a team. It sounds like, in this case, the other client may have created some new boards and added you to it, so the above situation was reversed, that they're the board admin, and you are a regular member.

When you're a member of a board that's not part of a team, it goes in your Personal Boards section. They could also be part of a team that you're no longer a member of.

If you want those boards removed from your account, you'll need to leave those boards. Because you're currently a member, they're available on your homepage, but once you leave the boards, they'll be gone, and you won't have access to them anymore. Leaving 26 boards could be a little arduous, so we've got a handy tool here that you can use to check the boards you want to leave and do that in one go: https://trello.com/support/bulk-leave

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events