Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority labeling on cards

Anna Miller April 9, 2019

My team has been working on a project for enough time now that we're in the thick of it and our Trello Board can sometimes seem like a maze! We're using stickers for major things but are looking for ways to spotlight the more important tasks that need to get done each day. We talked about using labels but don't want to have to go into each card every time as we often just look at the board as a whole and decide what's most important on each of the lists to work on each day and try to move those cards to the top of the list. I'm considering making custom stickers with "P1" for "Priority 1" and so on to help make these cards more noticeable but we're still wondering how to make them really jump out and grab our attention to help keep us organized and on track. What are some ways that your team prioritizes cards in a project with lots of things that need to get done?

1 comment

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2019

@Anna Miller try using the keyboard shortcut "l" (lower case L not upper case i) to add labels without opening the cards. Hover over a card, hit L, start typing a label name and hit enter to add it, then esc to close the label menu. You can also navigate to the next card using the keyboard:

https://trello.com/shortcuts

Labels are a good prioritisation tool because you can filter the board by label to see all cards of a given priority, but you can't filter a board by sticker:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

Like Anna Miller likes this
Anna Miller April 10, 2019

Great! Thanks for sharing Iain! That is a shortcut that I was not aware of.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events