Poor Mobile UX to mark notifications as read

ksalas October 13, 2021

On the Trello iOS App, I really don’t like that I can’t mark individual notifications as read without clicking through (similar to marking an email as read on gmail). Also, I’d like to react to the notifications as well without clicking through the notification.

Are these features in development? The desktop app has both of these features.

kenny 

1 comment

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2021

Hey @ksalas, I'm Eric from the Trello mobile team. Thanks so much for posting about your concerns, it's very helpful! 

The first concern you raised is actually in our backlog for discussion and prioritization, with plans to be looked at within the next couple of quarters. The second concern is actually already on Android, but not yet on iOS. We've been testing the feature on Android first to see engagement on it and will also be considering it for iOS soon. 

I'll be sure to keep you posted here as both of these develop. I sincerely appreciate the patience as we manage juggling our work.

Thanks again.

Best,
Eric

Like ksalas likes this
ksalas May 23, 2022

Hey Eric, any news on these recommended features?

Kenny

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

Hey Kenny, thanks for checking back in. 

As a matter of a fact, reacting on notifications is currently in early stages of development on iOS now and will most probably be released in the next coming releases. 

That being said, marking individual notifications as read/unread is still in our backlog but we are aiming to get to it in the coming months as well.

Like ksalas likes this
ksalas May 24, 2022

Thanks for being so responsive. Can’t wait as it would make it a lot easier for me to check and manage my notifications. 

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2022

Trust me, we want all of it too! Just have to juggle it amongst the other priorities :)

Thanks for your patience and support! I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events