cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Boards VS Work Boards

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

I don't know about you, but I have a lot of Trello boards!

Many of them are used for work purposes but, since I collaborate with 2 different teams and I shared a couple of boards as templates, they aren't all sorted into different Teams. This way, the homepage can quickly become a bit cluttered, no matter my (heavy) usage of the Starred Boards feature.

So I've recently come up with a simple solution:

• personal boards have solid color backgrounds
  • work/shared boards have fancy photo backgrounds

This helps me a lot to quickly visualize my personal boards without having to create too many different Teams.

I'd love to know if you've ever experienced a similar issue and if you found a solution to it!

2 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2019

@Alice personally I've got hundreds of boards, but only 6 or 7 that I actually need to go into -- all the other boards are linked from one of these. I've found that the practice of ensuring that I have a link to boards from some other spot (whether it's a "board of boards" like I have for clients, or a "pointer" card that sits in my Benko Board to periodically remind me to undertake activity on some other board) means that I never really spend time scrolling through or filtering the boards list. Of course, for boards I go to frequently I can still just filter and go directly to them, but having a navigable path as well means I don't necessarily have to remember all those boards.

Like # people like this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2019

I don't have hundreds of boards, but the board of boards is a great solution!

Thank you for sharing!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

That is so meta @Iain Dooley ! I should try that as well. And I generally like the color approach but on the other hand, I love to find a beautiful and atmospheric background picture to make working on a board more fun. :) 

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2019

@Alice I set up a team and moved all my personal/family boards into that team. Right now, its just me as a member - but with both of my accounts (one personal, one work). 

I have a "Daily Gratitude" board that I share between personal and work in order to track little things throughout the day (my digital diary). 

Like Alice likes this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2019

I never thought about having two different accounts!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2019

I have two accounts as well. Select boards are shared with both accounts like the travel planning board for Atlassian Summit 2019.

Like Alice likes this
Dean Rowntree September 12, 2019

@carrie_eandm could you explain a little more on how you set up your team please? It sounds like an excellent way to combine everything!

carrie_eandm
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2019

@Dean Rowntree Sure! Here's Trello's help page for Teams. I have a Trello account with my work email and one with my personal email. Teams are ways to group your member accounts. For example, I have 4 teams:

• Office Team (all general office members)
  • IT Team (IT office members only)
  • Dev Team (Dev office members only)
  • Home Life (my personal & work accounts)

Most of my boards are work related - but I have a few to-do lists, reading library, travel boards that I share in the Home Life team that allow me to access boards from either my work account or personal account. That way if I come across a good book to add to my list while reading a blog at work - I can add it to my personal board for later!

Like Dean Rowntree likes this
Dean Rowntree September 14, 2019

I'm going to take a look at this next week at work - it sounds like a remarkably simple solution!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events