cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF viewing in trello update: impractical

Viewing page 2 of 2

39 comments

Eric Johnsa November 1, 2021

Also I forgot to mention that whatever data breach is occurring I have noticed in the last several weeks since the PDF viewer quit working that me along with everyone else who uses Trello has been getting bombarded with telemarketing calls nonstop and spam emails of all various kinds. If I had to take a wild guess I would suspect some disgruntled coder put in a back door or some sort of software time bomb that went off and exposed the software to nefarious data miners who are selling the information. Because for my business as a default I always include all contact information and cell phone numbers of all my clients and people who have cell phones that I know specifically that are not listed are getting telemarketing calls literally seconds after I click enter on Trello.

Glenn November 3, 2021

This has killed our productivity and workflow... If previews cannot be added back due to security issues, the new tab opening to view PDF's was adequate. What is not acceptable is the download of the whole PDF just to open.

Like Lachelle Via likes this
Jeferson Kist November 4, 2021

They finally fixed it!!

Like # people like this
Daniel Egan November 5, 2021

YESSSSSS!!!

Jeferson Kist November 4, 2021

They Fixed it!

Like # people like this
Lachelle Via November 4, 2021

Hallelujah!!!!

Like # people like this
Wes Harrison November 4, 2021

Thanks Trello Team!!

Like Daniel Egan likes this
Tara Seifert November 5, 2021

HAPPY FRIDAY!! I see some comments on the 4th so must have been fixed after I left the office yesterday eve.  But Good Morning America ~ Trello is fixed!!!  God Bless The USA & God Bless Trello!!  Everyone have a great rest of your Winter.  Stay Safe - Stay Healthy - Happy Thanksgiving - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!!

Jeferson Kist November 5, 2021

Happy Friday Tara! God Bless Brazil and the rest of the world too :D

Daniel Egan November 5, 2021

WOOOT!!!

Tara Seifert November 5, 2021

ABSOLUTELY - GOD BLESS THE ENTIRE WORLD - :)

Adrian November 5, 2021

Fixing this gives my life purpose again!

Or at least stops me from getting annoyed each time I switch to my Trello tab 😉

Ricardo Pereda November 9, 2021

Worst decision that you could have made. It's incredibly annoying to have to download pdfs individually, specially when you have several attached to the card and you just need to browse them really fast. I am baffled at how you thought this is an improvement. Our company is already looking into other app alternatives.

Nina Medlock November 15, 2021

they fixed it! :) 

Gustavo Alcocer November 12, 2021

Actively looking at other platforms because this is irritaiting and broke the work flow.

Petar Pavlov December 21, 2021

As a silver lining to this issue, I managed to find a Google Chrome Extension that displays PDFs in-browser much faster than what Trello was doing: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdf-viewer/oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/related?hl=en 
Works like charm! 

Jeferson Kist January 6, 2022

Hello Everyone. 

Today 06.01.22 Trello has started to have some issues with pdf previews again. 

Why?????????????????????????????????????????????

Glenn January 6, 2022

At least with Chrome 97 I'm not seeing any issue. What browser are you on and what is it doing or not doing?

Jeferson Kist January 6, 2022

Hello Glenn.

Im using Microsoft Edge 96.0.1054.62 and Chrome 97 on other computer. Both are having issues but in Chrome came first.

John Howard March 7, 2022

Is there any update when we will be able to view pdf's again

Like Eric Hepperle ELM likes this
David Grimaldi May 26, 2022

Same problem here. The pdf viewer is impossible to read, and causes us to waste many minutes each day. We love Trello, but will need to consider an alternative if this problem can't be solved.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events