Out of Office / Vacation Auto Reply posted to trello

Paul Hess July 23, 2018

I have one team member whose system replies to every Trello message by posting their Out of Office auto reply.

Any hints or strategies on how to squelch these?   I could ask her to turn off all emails from Trello so that there is nothing to auto reply to.   But I'd rather let her get her notices, but not have these replies repeatedly pollute all of our discussions.

This particular user sets up OOO notices quite often, not just for extended vacatioms

1 comment

Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2018

Hi Paul,

It sounds like the user is receiving notifications, and the auto-replies are being posted as comments on the card that triggered the notification.

Unfortunately, there is not a great way to specifically block those from being posted. The user will either need to disable notifications while out of the office, or set up some sort of rule within your email system that will prevent those OOO replies from being sent to Trello.

I'm not sure if that second suggestion is possible with your email system, but if it is, that is probably your best bet to get those to stop.

Paul Hess July 24, 2018

Thanks Chris.   We have a loose/diverse virtual team, so I don't really know much about her system.   I'll see if she can look into the possibility of rules that will prevent this.

It surprised me because I've been using Trello for quite a while and have never encountered this issue.   Maybe Trello itself uses some sort of intelligent filtering to prevent auto-replies, and this person's are slipping through the cracks.

Jonas Napier January 6, 2023

@Teddy Any updates here?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events