Open multiple Trello desktop windows with different accounts

Seb Rose March 18, 2021

I prefer using Trello through the desktop app (Macos) rather than in the browser. Like many people, I have multiple Trello accounts and I want to interact with more than one of them at the same time. Using the "Switch account" functionality is too slow/fiddly.

I've tried opening a second Trello window, but when I switch account in the second window, the account switched in the first window too. Which means I can't use the desktop app to have a board from account A and a board from account B open at the same time.

Does anyone else find this to be a pain?

2 comments

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

@Seb Rose 

Does using incognito works for you? Or a different browser like Chrome and Safari?

Seb Rose March 19, 2021

Yes, that does work, but I am asking about the Trello DESKTOP app.

For now, I'll have to use a browser to get the workflow that I need.

Anders Aqulin November 13, 2022

Seb, I have exactly the same requirement. The Trello fat client should be able to be associate separate windows to different accounts, just as Google Chrome does it.

Does Atlassian have any page where one can request new functionality?

tony winmill March 21, 2023

+1 for me, windows, fat client, many accounts DO NOT want to switch accounts, is there a fix please.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events