New Card Covers - not available on mobile - or are they?!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

With the new card covers that Trello have introduced, Trello is looking even more amazing (we didn't think it was possible, and here is Trello showing us that it is!)!

If you haven't seen them yet, check out this blog post!

Naturally, we want to be able to use this new function everywhere, but that's not possible at the moment.

And if you want to be able to automate them with Butler, that's another thing we can't do yet. But check out this post and reply from @Blair at Atlassian for how to request this as a feature! Trello really do listen to us, so if there are enough of us that say we want something, they'll consider whether it's possible and as Blair says - they'll track interest!

However, those of us who have fully embraced them in the last few days and want to be able to use them on mobile, have been stuck, because it's just not something that's been implemented in the native iOS or Android apps.

But! I've found a workaround for being able to use the new card covers on mobile!

I am logged into Trello on the Chrome app on my iPhone and it is possible to use the new card covers within that. I don't know if it's possible on Safari (I would think it is), but all I did was open Chrome on my iPhone, log into Trello, and the options are there to be able to use the new card covers when you open a card. You might have to dig a bit (i.e. scroll down), but it's there!

Every time I've done it and then closed the card, it's taken me back to the beginning of the board, which is a bit of a pain, and could be a nightmare depending on how many lists you have on your board. BUT it works!

I know it's a bit of a pain, but if you really want the ability to be able to use the new covers on mobile, there is a way!

I hope this is useful to my fellow Trellovers out there, let me know!

Esme :)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events