Multiple reminders or due dates within a card

Tony Sansico July 26, 2018

Hello,

We highly need to have sub-duedate or sub-reminders within a card.

For example, my project has a due date on January 31st

But before that, I need to send graphic materials to a customer, say on January 15th.

I should be able to define a due date for a specific task within a card. We use checklists inside a card. I'm obliged to maintain a todolist in another tool, and that's a shame for a Project Management tool like trello. Very disappointed on that. Do you plan to add this capability? Is it already available and I missed something?

2 comments

Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hey Tony,

Right now, it isn't possible to set multiple due dates per card, for example on checklist items.

The closest workaround, which requires a bit of work, is to use cards as placeholders in checklist items. When you copy a card's URL and paste it into the checklist item, the URL becomes properly formatted and you can see the card title.

That card can have a due date, additional members, etc.

Tony Sansico July 30, 2018

Hello Torben,

Yes that's the workaround we're currently using, but it's quickly becoming a mess. And that led me to open this ticket. We are intensively growing our usage of Trello, but this is highly limiting us and I hope that we won't need to look for another project management tool.

I did also create another topic a few weeks ago about the tag colors. We use same colors to know that cards are related but again, it's a mess. 

Mark Edbrooke February 9, 2022

We are new users of Trello and I was expecting that for a workflow management tool it would have a great way of reminding my team what tasks they had been assigned and when they are due.

I am hoping that I just haven't discovered it yet, but by the look of this old post from over three years ago it has been a problem for a while.

If I have multiple checklists attached to a customer card for different types of activities how should I advise my staff that they will receive reminders/updates of the tasks they have been set?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events