Moving Card to Another Board Removes Completion Date

Zach Schrock October 18, 2017

When I mark a card completed in one board and then move it to another board, it removes the completion date. Is this intentional or a bug? Really frustrating to have to go into the board where I moved it and reapply a completion date.

Thanks!

1 comment

sfeldman_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Hi Zach,

I'm sorry to hear that! I just tested this on my boards, and it's working for me. I created a card, completed the due date, I moved to a different board. The completed due date remained.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.35.26 AM.png

I tried moving via the quick menu and the card back, and both worked for me.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 9.36.19 AM.png

If you're still encountering this problem, I'd recommend contacting support@trello.com and they can further troubleshoot.

Sam

Zach Schrock October 19, 2017

Here is a screen recording of it not working.

https://cl.ly/1C1p312N023P

sfeldman_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Thanks for sharing the screen recording. I think I see what's happening! It looks like you're using a Custom Field to track completed date. Custom Fields is a board-level power-up, which means that the info from it doesn't transfer between boards right now. We're working on that.

What I was showing in my screenshots is how you can use the due date field and then check it off to mark the task ask complete. Unfortunately the activity history doesn't transfer when switching boards, so while you'll be able to see that the due date was completed, you won't see when it was completed and by whom.

Can you tell me a bit more about why you need to capture the completed date and why you are transferring cards? I'd be happy to pass the feedback to our Product team.

Zach Schrock October 20, 2017

Ahhh, nailed it! The Powerup is the problem! Due Dates aren't always applicable, but I guess that's what I'll have to do. Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events