Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a card to a list with similar name on another board

NFT Media September 22, 2022

Our departments all have their own board and then the company has one board of all the ongoing orders. We move the cards to different boards and then return them to the ongoing orders board when completed.

In the ongoing orders board, their is a list for each project title Order #  Customer Name - Project Name. The cards are made and distibuted to the different boards' department. Each card is titled Order #  Customer Name - Project Name - Process. When the department is finished with their processes, they then need to move it back to the original list on the ongoing orders board. 

For example, the list title is 123456 John Doe - x Project and a card titled 123456 John Doe - x Project - process 1.

Is there a way to efficiently move the card back to the ongoing orders board to the original list referencing the order number only? I have tried using wildcards but it is creating a new list. I have looked into cascading too, but it seams like it is only for finding cards and not lists.

1 comment

Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

I would say wildcards are the way to go have you tried using separators to store multiple wildcards? So for example 123456 John Doe - x Project - process 1 would be {*} - {*} - {*} and

{wildcard1} would be 123456 John Doe

{wildcard2} would be x Project

{wildcard3} would be process 1

Maybe try posting this in the questions page you might get more help

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events