Missing year on card

Franklin Tseng May 15, 2022

I have been entering cards for tenants with lease start date and lease end dates. 

I entered the 3rd card perfectly fine, but the 4th card, the year for the end date did not appear after I saved the card. Only the date appeared without the year. I needed to look at the year to see when the lease will be due. 

The other problem was because this was a tenant lease, i only need the date and do not need the time. I cannot delete the time in the due date. 

1 comment

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2022

@Franklin Tseng are you able to share what dates you entered? The due date field is formatted to include the year. If you enter the due date as 05/31/2022, the date shown on the front of the card will be "May 31". If you enter the due date as 05/31/2023, the date on the front of the card will be "May 31, 2023" in order to show the distinction. 

For your other statement around entering a time, the due date is also formatted to include the date time. Currently, there's no way to configure the date fields to remove the date time.

If you want to reach out to Trello and request the ability to re-format date fields, you can talk to them directly via https://trello.com/contact

If it's more for the purpose of having a visual indication on the card, perhaps using custom dropdown fields "Day" "Month" and "Year" instead of the due date could be the way to go? However, it won't help if you're wanting to get due date reminders or see cards on a calendar/timeline.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events