Managing information I need from clients in Trello

Francisco Ferreira July 28, 2022

Hi!

I'm a freelancer web development and I use trello for everything.

Just a quick overview of my current trello layout: My approach is to have only one board for all my projects, week tasks, personal tasks, everything. Each project (each website) is a card, and the tasks I have to do for that project are on checklist. Having only one board allows me to have an overview of what I have to do on a daily basis - at the beginning of the day I just move the cards I want to work on to the "Today" list.

The problem: I have yet to develop a method to keep track of the things my clients need to give me - logo, the texts for all the pages, images, etc...

What I currently do is to have a shared google sheets with each client where I put all the things they need to provide. I don't like it! I have to go there to see if there's anything new. Or to copy any info, to tasks, to my trello board. Is inefficient. 

What would be amazing? Well, I would love to have a board with all my clients, each having access to only ONE list, where I can put as cards each information I need from them. Then I could link my project card to these cards. 

But I know this is not possible :(

How do you do it? How do you track the information the clients need to give you without the busywork of having to move things around?

Thanks ;)

3 comments

mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2022

Hi,

You can do this with Hipporello Apps powerup. Hipporello Apps lets you build web application that takes its data from Trello cards. Also, it allows you to create/update/archive Trello cards through web forms and web elements like buttons, links, menu items. Please see the details on https://www.hipporello.com. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2022

Hi @Francisco Ferreira ! Welcome to the community :) there are a few ways you could approach things depending on what works for your specific workflow! 

1. Use Blue Cat Forms to allow your clients to submit requests

2. Create a board for each client and give them access to that board. They can then submit requests directly on that board. You can then use butler automation to link it with your board so things automatically "roll up" to your master board.

3. Use Unito to create a 2-way sync between boards. Same method as no.2, but instead of butler automation, Unito will give you a true 2-way sync between boards, eliminating the need for manual work. This is a paid power-up but saves you a tonne of time with not having to duplicate any work.

Happy to provide more info if you think one of the options above will work for you :)

Francisco Ferreira August 1, 2022

Many thanks to both for the recommendations :) I will test them out!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events