Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout shift in search: Navigating Trello’s Shifty Layout: A Test of Patience

Philip Leth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2023

As a frequent Trello user, I’ve recently been grappling with an issue that’s becoming increasingly frustrating. Every time I perform a search on Trello, an unpredictable layout shift happens which, needless to say, is causing unnecessary headaches and misclicks.

In a typical scenario, when I run a search, the tasks surface on my screen before the company boards do. This wouldn’t be a problem if the appearance of the company boards didn’t subsequently cause a layout shift. It’s as if I’m playing a game of whack-a-mole; just as I’m about to click on a task, the company boards pop up, the entire layout makes a sudden shift, and my intended action gets derailed.

This tiny moment of chaos can really disrupt my workflow. I’m poised, ready to click and dive into a task, but then - boom - the layout moves, my click falls on the wrong spot, and I end up navigating somewhere completely unintended. It’s like trying to walk on a moving sidewalk that randomly changes direction!

While Trello’s functionality is appreciated, this recurring issue with layout shift during searches is becoming a significant user experience problem. What should be a straightforward task turns into an unpredictable dance with the layout. I sincerely hope Trello addresses this issue soon, as it is making an otherwise efficient tool a source of daily frustration.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events