Just a Regular Trello User

Deleted user September 11, 2019

Ok - after reading a lot of the introductory posts, I wanted to silently back out of the community. I am not a programmer, developer, or project manager. While I do support HR software at my company (shout-out to Workday), Trello is my sanity-saver for the rest of my life. I have a board for my household tasks  - daily, weekly, monthly and a board for capturing thoughts from my reading.

My new favorite board (and maybe my tip for that #Taco plushie) is my Journal Board where I can upload a picture for each day. This is a great way to capture memories without sharing with the whole world on social media.

7 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

@[deleted] Welcome, Amy! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to find a lot of folks who use Trello for everything except work. 😉 That's one of the coolest things about the tool: It's versatile enough to be used in projects across the spectrum. I LOVE the idea of a journal board — keep doing you. 🙌🏼

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@[deleted] welcome to the party!! Don't worry im not super tehcnical and I've gotten more out of Trello in my person life than I do at work! So you're not alone :) 

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

@[deleted]  Welcome Amy. Your idea of Journal Board is really cool. Hope to see more of such ideas from you in the community :-)

Like # people like this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

@[deleted] love the journal board idea! I recently geeked out on a home maintenance board. Each card sits in a list named with the number of days it has to recur (1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 180 days, 365 days are the current lists) and I put in place an automation that sets the due date on the card in the future that number of days every time the due date is marked as complete.

Each day my wife and I make sure we do all the things in the 1 day list, pick 1 thing each from the 7 day list and then pick 2 things from the 30 day list per weekend day each, so we can always see who's done what, what's due and what's overdue!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Great stuff @[deleted] ! !

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

@[deleted] I'm inspired by your idea for a journal board, thanks for sharing! While I use Confluence & Jira all day at work, I've only used Trello for personal projects like meal planning and home improvement tracking. Going to start a journal board, now though! 🤓

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2019

@[deleted] Congrats! You're one of our winners for free Trello Gold (one year). Please email me at emoss@atlassian.com to collect. 🎉

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events