Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Trello too similar to a simple next-gen project in Software?

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi all

We're not currently using Trello, but we do use Jira Software to keep track of projects (mainly using a next-gen project board).

I'm just wondering what the benefits of Trello might be over a Software project?  I imagine it would be better from a licence point of view, but is that correct and is there anything else?

Thanks in advance for your time all

Liam

2 comments

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Depends, sometimes it needs to just be a case of platforms that people are comfortable with, will use, if they dont use, no point in keeping updated.

We only use Trello, plus a version by a competitor.  Jira appears to be a little bespoke than what we need, and Trello hits the spot.

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2020

I don't use Trello at work. However, I do have my Trello account, which I've been using it for years. Since we primarily use and manage Jira Software Data Center installations, we need to meet different infrastructure requirements, operations and controls - which is really for enterprises to meet their particular needs of operating at scale. I don't see Trello playing this role as yet.

That said, for teams, from different sizes but low-scale task management and configuration needs, Trello is a great option as much as Jira Cloud next-gen projects. Indeed, I see Trello as a tool that ends up filling the gaps between Jira and Confluence, where you have a free-form but still a structured cross-functional integration.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events