Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Trello Business Class account and still have to spend with power-ups

Gabriel Kaio April 23, 2019

I don't see a point about having Business Class and still have to spend with power-ups. IMO Trello should implement the most used power-ups as built-in features or acquire and make them available for free the same way it was done with Butler.

I'm trying other tools such as Pipefy and I'm impressed how they implement most Trello power-up as built-in features with no extra costs (in much better way BTW). 

I'm not going to Pipefy yet since I don't want to bother with changing tools right now.  But if Trello doesn't embbed those power-up features I'm afraid they will lose customers.

What do you think about?

1 comment

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2019

@Gabriel Kaio plenty of people have echoed this sentiment. But Trello's Business Class is about added Trello features, and Trello power ups are provided by external companies. Many of the power ups are actually integrations with those products, so for example the PipeDrive power up is provided by PipeDrive, which is a different company, as a means if integrating your Trello app with your PipeDrive app.

But when there is a power up that basically enhances Trello, and feels like it should be a Trello feature, you naturally think "why do I have to pay for both?" and the reason is "because that feature doesn't exist in Trello".

Trello naturally has a limited number of features it can implement. It focuses on being a platform and having an open and easy to use API, as well as having an excellent experience across multiple different devices and platforms.

Like Gabriel Kaio likes this
Gabriel Kaio April 26, 2019

That feature doesn't exist in Trello but IMO it should. I'm aware that power-ups are third-part services, but still remains that sentiment of double payment.

I just think would be fair for customers and more long-term sustainable for Trello's business model if Trello would acquire the most enhanceable power-ups (or build its own) and make them available to Business Class customers.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events