Hi Taco! Who's a good boy!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jimmy Seddon. I'm a long time Jira, BitBucket Server & Bamboo Administrator, but relatively new to the Trello scene.   One of our project managers first introduced me to this fabulous product when I was looking for a checklist but I didn't want something as heavy as Jira to track it.

Since then, I have found wonderful ways to incorporate Trello into my personal life (my wife and I will use it to put together grocery lists) as well as managing my work tasks.

Being rather new myself, the best Trello tip I can offer would be: "Make full use of the Atlassian Community!"

There are tons of really smart, helpful and kind people here that are more than happy to try and help you solve your problems, so don't be scared to ask for help!

I look forward to connecting with others on the Community in the future!

5 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon Trello plays a similar role in my world: If it's not on my personal Trello board, it's probably not happening.

taco-glasses.gif

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Hey! 

I use a personal trello board too! I use it to track all the stuff I need to do for my jeep like Oil changes, Spark plugs, transmission fluid flushing etc. Here's a pic! 

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 10.00.26 AM.pngI even have due dates for when I need to do something and when I've done something. 

The oil change usually goes back to the Engine card when it's done...and I update it for another 3 months out. (I'm a little behind) shhh...

I've also used it for a grocery list when going on camping trips and include my friends. 

I'm glad I am not the only one that uses this for personal use!

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

Love your post @Jimmy Seddon - I hope you consider a Gardening Trello board in the future to share your expertise :) I couldn't agree with you more @Erica Moss "If it's not on my personal Trello board, it's probably not happening." Same for me!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2019

Although I have just used Trello soon, it is indeed an easy to use tool.

Recently, the organizers of AUG events in Shanghai have put some of the tasks in our preparations into Trello for tracking. This is a very good experience.

TIM截图20190817195826.pngTIM截图20190817195855.png

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2019

@Ollie Guan Love this set-up, Ollie!

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2019

@Jimmy Seddon Congrats! You're one of our winners for free Trello Gold (one year). Please email me at emoss@atlassian.com to collect. 🎉

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2019

Really!?! That's amazing!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  I'll definitely be getting in touch with you thank you very much! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events