Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Calendar Functions

Jacob Sharp August 3, 2018

Hello Community.

I've started using Trello to track our ongoing projects, and I want to use the calendar in a certain way. Looking for advice on strategy or a specific Power Up to let us work the way we want.

We make a specific Trello Card for each project, and that card becomes a living document throughout the life of the project.  I was hoping that I could "copy" the card to the calendar and use the calendar to keep track our work schedule, so that if I go to the calendar, I can open an instance of the card.  I don't want to make a new unique card on the calendar view.

when I try and "copy" a card, the only options for where to copy to are other boards.  I'm looking for dynamically linked cards on my calendar.  Edits to the card would show up wherever the card is viewed from, either the calendar or a board it is on.

Any Suggestions?

2 comments

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

Hi Jacob!

When you add a due date to a card, it automatically shows in the Calendar power-up on that date. So if you want a card to show on August 15 on the calendar, just set its due date to any time on August 15. When you click it on the calendar, it will open that project card, rather than make another. So, you'll always be working from the same card, either on the calendar or your board :)

Hope this helps!

Jacob Sharp August 3, 2018

Hi Devon, Thanks for your help!

Supposing I needed that date to be a range of days, or multiple days.  Do you have a suggestion for that?

What I'm really trying to use this for is a schedule of projects that our crews are working on.  Somethimes, I would need the job to show as a span of days, or as a specific collection of days, like Tuesday and Thursday of a given week.

I appreciate you help!

Stef
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi Jacob!

Sounds like you may need a gantt chart view where you can schedule a card's due date across multiple days. Does this sound right? If yes, you can enable gantt chart power-ups like Elegantt for Trello and see if that'll implement the view you need for your project.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events