Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Trello from oz

Michelle September 11, 2019

@Hello-Trello from sunny australia

Who am I? Labelled Trello queen by work colleagues, it’s fair to say I am officially obsessed. I even did a work assignment presentation on Trello that attracted people not involved to join the audience. I work for a medium company that’s growing quickly. 

How do do I use Trello? 

It holds contents of my working brain! 

The board I use everyday (working board). Has me day to day, why I have completed each month, high level overview of projects , notes and things to remember.

i have a one on one for my boss, I havnt concerted him yet but it helps me to not soo all the other cards while we chat about our specific things. I use this also as a sort of journal of conversation as he tends to forget details about what we discuss.

i have a home board that holds things to do, expenses, meal planning, gift planning. 

Some projects are on my board, I have one with people outside the organisation collaborating. 

Holiday planning.

dashboard ideas and to do list.

just to name a few!

My best tip

where to start... once the brain dump and initial excitement of using Trello subsides, it was a great activity to cleanse both cards within boards and the boards themselves. I found boards I didn’t really need, combined them with other boards so there weren’t boards I would forget about.

i love the powerup cronify. It syncs with my outlook calendar so I can easily see how my day looks with my intended tasks, and I have to be honest about how long these tasks will actually take.

3 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2019

@Michelle A Trello QUEEN — always a pleasure to meet royalty. 😄 Thanks for sharing how you use Trello, and I look forward to learning a lot from you.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@Michelle hello from a fellow Aussie :) I also use Trello to hold the contents of my brain. I have one board with absolutely everything I could possibly be accountable for at any given time on it. Where abouts you from? I'm on the Central Coast of NSW

Like Erica Moss likes this
Michelle September 16, 2019

Hi iain

im in perth! Your accountability board sounds great. Would you give me some examples of lists and cards? Might be a good addition to my working board.

Like Erica Moss likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@Michelle Hello from the future. I documented a version of my board structure here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Task-shortlisting-with-Trello/ba-p/988117

but the actual version I use is a Google Sheet addon that integrates Trello with Gmail so you can use Trello as a Gmail client, and then puts a copy of all cards you're added to into your Inbox as well so it's a better version of the cards view:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

I recently got this launched as a G-Suite addon which is pretty exciting, but I haven't updated the website with the new install instructions yet :)

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/benko_board_by_the_procedure_people/204068045444

Like # people like this
Michelle September 16, 2019

Love it. I’ve incorporated the swipe left and right into the first three lists in my board after reading your post. I still have a list for waiting on other people, and an overall projects list (most of my cards tie into one of those projects) everything you said made so much sense, about priorities changing.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

@Michelle Congrats! You're one of our winners for free Trello Gold for one year. Please email me at emoss@atlassian.com to collect. 🎉

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events