Fun Man Andy here saying "HELLO TRELLO!"

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

HELLO TRELLO 👋💙

Following on from @Erica Moss' awesome article about why There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community here is my Hello Trello discussion!

FUN MAN ANDY 😎🌟🤘

My name is Andy, referred to by some within the Community as Fun Man Andy ! (Many thanks to @Fabienne Gerhard for both the nickname and the honour. You're the best!) 

By day I am a Project Manager running Augmented Reality strategic projects at TWNKLS AR, A PTC Company.

On the weekends I am a family man: Mr Barker! But also a poet, artist and musician: Urban Gorilla Boy (very much amateur... but very much enjoying it!)

But by NIGHT...! I pretty much spend all my free time as Fun Man Andy within the Atlassian Community, both here online, and at Community Events (formally AUGs) as the Chapter Leader for Rotterdam ! :)

[Maybe we might even start a new Trello Event Netherlands... oooh.... mysterious!]

MY TRELLO BOARD 📁✒️

I use Trello for a variety of activities, both individually and within teams! It varies from managing my own personal hobbies, the house chores, working as a Community Leader, fitness regime and even holidays! 

My favourite board in particular is my MöeZiek 🎧🎹🎤🎵 one, where I manage all my singing / songwriting. Thanks to Trello I have really knuckled under and made leaps and bounds in my progress, instead of tiny irrelevant baby steps.

Wanna know how awesome my music sounds...? Come to Summit2020 where I've promised @Jimmy Seddon I will serenade him live!

Our company also uses Trello for Development projects... like the amazing award winning IKEA Place app. But more on that in an upcoming article of mine!

Trello_Borads.jpg

MY TOP TRELLO TIPS 🏆👏

Coincidentally I am writing an awesome article on top tips for someone who doesn't use Trello optimally (like myself until I started really going for it in 2019). It'll be ready by end of September!

Out of that article my #1 tip would be: JUST DO IT! There is nothing worse than getting inspired to start up a board, going at it full pelt for a day or two, then dropping it for a month or two. Trust me, I know. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. (literally... I have Trello swag!) Best advice? 10min a day, everyday!

On top of that though definitely a golden tip: come to Community for inspiration!! If you start following Trello Legends like Erica, @Cassie Mayes  @Jodi LeBlanc@Brittany Joiner@Iain Dooley  and more, you'll quickly be in the perfect company to take your Trello skills (and love) to infinity, and beyond!!

BONUS FUN MAN ANDY TIPS 🧐👌

I wouldn't be Fun Man Andy if I didn't share these links:

Commence the procrastination and fun!!!

6 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant Waving back at you! I love this post, obviously, and am adding a few other Trello experts to your list: @Brittany Joiner and @Iain Dooley. 🙌🏼

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2019

YEY!!! Helllooooo!!!!
Hah hah hah! Obviously.

In all honesty I feel a bit bad... I got to Jodi, my mind went blank and then I just flounced out with the "and more" bit, so THANKS for putting them forward. Must edit accordingly!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant No need to feel bad! Just wanted to point out a few other good eggs to get to know. 😎

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

@Erica Moss : That is totally what I LOVE about this Community!! It's like an ever growing #Family 😍💝

Like Erica Moss likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

Ooh i love this! And also, i couldn't agree more with your advice. Just do it - get in there and play with it and you'll figure things out and find workflows that improve your life. 

I find I have to be careful when i first tell people about trello, because i want to just shout off the bat all the cool things I do with it, but then people get overwhelmed. So I try to be like, you can do a lot of cool stuff with it, but start small, and work your way up to add on more pieces as they come rather than forcing yourself to create the perfect masterboard on your first go.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

Yes @Brittany Joiner you are totally right!
Nah... don't be careful - just keep up the same old high spirited cheer leading! No point hiding your passion! But yes... start small. No one can be a Brittany on the first go ✨👍🤩

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

Hahah "No one can be a Brittany on the first go"

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

LOLz! :oD

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2019

Love my Fun Man Andy @Andy - PTC Redundant - wasn't there a thought about earning a badge? @Monique vdB my suggestions would definitly be something with gifs

What a pitty that Trello is not working here @ work :( 

Super interesting Andy that we have an overlap in working area - we're selling our products to IKEA (to make them produce their products) and you help them selling their products 
And the swedes are everywhere....

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

What a CRAZY overlap Fabifun!! @Fabienne Gerhard IKEA is just everywhere I guess! When Queen Mo is ready, I definitely up for spearheading some insanely awesome community FMA Badging!!! 😎🤘

What do you mean "Trello is not working"...? I hope you guys didn't break it!!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2019

That was a mic drop @Andy - PTC Redundant - such an outstanding "Hello Trello" post, and thanks a million for the mention :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

Hahah! Yes it was @Jodi LeBlanc : you are most welcome, always! 🧐👍

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

Nice!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2019

So in response to this statement I made...

[Maybe we might even start a new Trello Event Netherlands... oooh.... mysterious!]

...here is thisNL TRELLO EVENT ! ! 💃🎉🎈🎊🥳🍺🍰🍩

Like Erica Moss likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events