• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Free CSV importation tool for Trello Edited

If you're after a small, light, free tool for importing Lists, Cards, Checklists and Items into a Trello board from a CSV file, I'm happy to announce TrelloBuddy.

1 Select Text File.png

2 Parsed Text File.png

3 Provide Credentials.png

4 Select Board.png

It's a Windows application that comes with an example CSV template and a User Guide. Use it as you see fit, and that's about it.

| Download TrelloBuddy | Visit the website |

3 comments

@David Bakkers - thanks for sharing David!

Seems like this is more freeware than shareware, right? That is, you're not asking for money. 😊

Have any of your code online on Bitbucket or GitHub? Would love to contribute to your project.

Hello Dave.

Yes, it's freeware, not shareware. I forgot about the distinction between the two. I've updated the discussion heading.

At the moment I'm not hosting the code in the public domain in GitHub or similar. It's mostly PowerShell with some .NET libraries.

Like Dave Liao likes this

@David Bakkers I don't know how this is not getting more love. This freeware is awesome!!! 

I haven't found anything else (even paying) that allows uploading Checklists and checklist items. 

I know you said you are not doing support but I'm running into issues with the Description field not loading. I think it's because of the markdown I'm using. I'll test some variations. 

I'm also having issues with the Due Date. My sample had this date 2020-11-30T10:23:15.000Z and it didn't load. 

Let me know if you want to chat about it any further. 

Thanks again! 

@Virginie HMWith regards the Description problem, I found it was due to the markdown containing pound (#) symbols for headings. The bug also affected Comments if they contained pound symbols in their markdown. I've fixed the cause of the problem.

Please download the updated version, which now also:

• Parses and adds multiple Labels with Label Colors to cards
  • Parses and adds multiple Members to cards, based on the board member's email addresses.

With regards the Due Date, it needs to match the date format your Trello instance / Atlassian account is configured for. If you're using US date format, swap the day and month around. IE 2020-30-11

A general update on some recent improvements to TrelloBuddy:

1. Added - Can now parse and import multiple Comments, delimited by semicolons, into each Card.
  2. Added - Can now parse and add multiple Members, delimited by semicolons, to a Card using their usernames or email addresses.
  3. Changed - Labels and Label Colors are now all delimited by semicolons, to allow commas in Label names.
  4. Changed - The name of the Custom Field is logged when attempting to import data into it.
  5. Changed - The Due Date is set after the Card is created, to allow for a supplied Due Date being invalid.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

301 views 10 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you