Flexibility versus Structure

Clifton E. Mason June 4, 2019

Background

My marketing team has been using Trello going on 2+ years. We're a global team of 50+ people. We setup our boards to mirror the organizational structure of the divisions and business units we serve.

Business Challenge

As we transition into  a new structure, there is much discussion over the importance of building structure (i.e. names of boards, consistency in the use of labels (both color and names). On the other end of the spectrum is the power of Trello in its free-form approach for users to organize their boards based on how they work.

Discussion

How has your organization balance these two conflicting views.

1 comment

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2019

Hi @Clifton E. Mason what a great discussion item. I agree balancing that structure versus free-form is challenging, and can be adapted over time once you determine which (or a combo) of both work for your team. 

Have you checked out the Trello Inspiration boards and/or the Trello for Teams playbook? They are chalk full of great ideas that you could go through with your team and adapt/copy board (s) structures that you want to try to implement with your team. 

Thanks and have a great day!

Jodi

Like Clifton E. Mason likes this
Clifton E. Mason June 4, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc -

Thank you for the timely response, feedback, and suggestion. Will reach out to connect via LinkedIn.

Best,

Clif

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2019

Sounds great, thanks Clif.

Jodi

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events