Filtering by member to include checklist items as well as cards

Peter Runcie January 18, 2022

As a propject manager I'd love to be able to filter by member and show not just cards assigned to members but also cards with checklist items assigned to members.  

That way when I have my one on one calls with each team member I can quickly see everything they have assigned to them - both cards and checklist items.

I want to suggest a new feature, perhaps as a "include assigned checklist items" checkbox when in the filtering by member.

2 comments

Louis Coleman January 19, 2022

Having similar issues, do you know of a board synch equivalent for lists / cards?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Peter Runcie ! Good question - at the moment, there's no easy way to pull a quick report of all cards/check items assigned to a single member. A lot of other work management tools offer this, so hopefully, it's on the roadmap for Trello! A couple of options that might help though:

1. Open the calendar view or calendar power up and then apply the member filter. You'll see all cards and check-item assigned to that member. However, any card or check item that does not have a due date will not show.

2. Use Blue Cat Reports to create quick lists of cards/check-items. I don't believe there's a way to create a consolidated report to show both cards AND check-item, so you may need to create two separate lists. From there, you can switch the filter between different members.

Peter Runcie January 23, 2022

Thanks but option 1 doesn't really help - not all items have due dates and the calendar is not the best way to show this info.  Option 2 is not really OK as its a bit clunky to use and really expense for what I think should be basic functionality. 

Surely many trello users will want to easily see what people have assigned to then.

Like # people like this
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Yeah, understand - not the best options. I just checked out the roadmap and can see there's something in there that should help: 

"Improved views:

Users will find Advanced Checklist and Custom Fields in their Calendar, Timeline or Table views - this work data will be visible on each card. Additionally, users will get a Single Board Table View to easily pivot and filter on cards."

So the table view will be the way to go as it shows everything with or without a due date. Looks like it won't be released till about Q2 though.

You could reach out to Trello directly and upvote it if you want - might help bump it up in priority and they might offer a better alternative in the meantime.

Like # people like this
Peter Runcie January 23, 2022

OK - I will upvote it as yoiur suggest.  thanks!

Like # people like this
Louis Coleman January 26, 2022

Thanks for this.

Bergen Morehouse April 14, 2023

Does anyone know if there has been an update in the past year to offer a fix for this? I am looking to filter checklist items by member so I can easily see what checklist items I have assigned to each person. 

Like # people like this
Simon Evered May 3, 2023

Hello. Found this conversation as I'm looking to find a way of filtering advanced checklists that have been assigned to individual team members with due dates. We have set up a card template with advanced checklists to help managed projects across the team, but as mentioned previously, it is not currently possible to see what has been assigned to an individual to see their availability/capacity. 

Any update?

Like Cozy Ace likes this
Marieke Kokxhoorn June 26, 2023

Same question here, would live to have a filtering option for advanced checklists.

Like Cozy Ace likes this
Cozy Ace January 30, 2024

Did this ever get fixed? I can't tell if it got fixed but I just don't have enough board permissions or what.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events