Feedback on the great but unpolished feature of card colors

Tomer Barkan June 18, 2020

Hello Trello community,

I'd like to share some feedback on the great and badly needed feature of card colors, and hear what others think.

This feature is pretty much must-have for me. I have a lot of cards of different types, and being able to quickly distinguish them is important for keeping the board organized. Before this update, I used a plugin that used label color to fill the entire card.

Unfortunately, due to some UX issues with the new card-color feature, I still use that plugin. Here's why:

• To set a card color using the labels plugin, all I have to do is press "L" and then choosing a color.
  • To use card color, I have to open the card (not even quick edit), then click "cover", then choose the color I want, and then select the "full card" as opposed to "top row" which is the default and cannot be changed.
  • That's 4 clicks instead of 1. And some of these actions take a second to load (like opening the card). Since this is something I do for every single card, it takes significantly longer.

What would help improve the workflow:

• Let me set per board if I want full-card colors or top-row only, as a default.
  • Add a keyboard shortcut to open the cover UI directly from the board without having to open the card, just like "L" to open labels.

Thanks for listening!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events