Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Suggestion: Provide a dropdown filter search results button

Paul Hess May 2, 2020

When I use the filter option (with the wonderful 'f' key shortcut) on a large board, the resulting cards are scattered all over the place and I have to scroll horizontally through my various lists to explore the results.  It would be great if there was ALSO the capability to click on the green search results button to see a dropdown of those same results all in one place.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 11.11.46 AM.png

3 comments

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Paul_Hess ,

This is a really useful feature request!

I hope that this feature will be added in future updates.

Like # people like this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Hi @Paul_Hess 

Thank you for your suggestion. I wonder if you could send it to featurerequests at trello.com maybe linking this discussion so that they can see exactly what you mean?

Esme :)

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Sorry, I can't put the full email into the comment section!

Paul Hess May 3, 2020

@Esme Crutchley what did I do wrong?  See error message below:

<featurerequests@trello.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.196.26] said:
   550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please
   try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
   550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

Ummmm, not a clue! Let me link this post through to my Community Manager and ask her to take a look!

Esme :)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

@Paul_Hess @Esme Crutchley I'm the worst — I gave Esme the wrong email! It should be feature-ideas@trello.com. Apologies for the mix-up!

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
Paul Hess May 3, 2020

No worries!  I've sent in the suggestion.  Maybe you can put in a good word for it.  :-)

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2020

@Paul_Hess the search in the top left (also called search, even though it's searching all cards across all boards, rather than "search cards" which used to be called filtering .... :S) shows the cards in a list and you can open the list in a new window. You can use the board: modifier to restrict results to the current board:

https://help.trello.com/article/808-searching-for-cards-all-boards

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events