cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending "A Powerful Combination"

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2020

This command under Cascade is available with Rules, Card Button and Due Date. It allows you to attach a host of Butler commands compared to 

collect all cards  into [links/items/linked items] in checklist [checklist name] 

the report command is only available for Board Button and Calendar

create a report  with all cards  

Yet, scope to gather the cards for both are pretty much the same.

So the question is how to combine the power of scheduling (2nd case) with the powerful of Butler commands (1st case)?

Here's an example :

you attach this block to a calendar trigger like daily or month end run 

create a report in variable "collected_items" with all cards with the yellow label using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", and post to url "https://25368.wayscript.io/butler/?registry=5f216a8...de5c6&module=5f6eae0479..f446e44" with payload "{\"card_id\" : \"5f6ebd43...7d0d813\", \"checklist_name\" : \"trigger_checklist\", \"collected_items\" : \"{$collected_items}\" }"
when checklist "trigger_checklist" is added to a card in list "Daily Run", for each card linked from an item in checklist "trigger_checklist", rename the card to "{cardname} - {date}", find a card titled "{triggercardname}" in list "Daily Run", and remove the "trigger_checklist" checklist from the card

The endpoint creates the checklist using the report variable and this triggers the card changes using Butler.

The original "A Powerful Combination" is available here.

1 comment

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

@milynnus i think your keyboard might have gone haywire:

collect all cards  into  linked items links items linked items in checklist  
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Thanks for reading my post and inspecting it for correctness. The above is from a direct copy and paste from Butler screen for “collect cards” command. I will correct it. 
I hope the method shared will be helpful for people who need to do more calendar based automation using native Butler commands.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events