Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating cards when should not using Butler Calendar

Project Manager November 21, 2019

Guys - I have setup a Butler Calendar automation where a card is being copied from one board to another at a certain time and day. Once the card is copied to its destination board column, I created another command to move it to the top of the column. I tried running the command manually and it is working as expected. However, when it is the system that runs it automatically at the said date and time, the automation is working but card is having a duplicate (there are 2 similar cards being copied to the board column) on the destination board column. Why is there a duplicate card when it should not be happening? Thank you!

2 comments

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Hi,

Could you post a screenshot of your rule? As well as screenshots of your expected behavior vs what actually happens? That would help a ton to help understand the problem.

Project Manager November 22, 2019

This is the Original Thurs Command.jpgThis is the Original Friday Command.jpgCommand Logs - Every Thurs Tasks - Duplicating.jpgCommand Logs - Every Friday Tasks - Duplicating.jpgTrello bug.jpgHere are the pictures. Thank you!

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

You have many rules interacting with each other, which makes this quite a complicated situation!

It's possible the behavior between manually running a command and when the command triggers on its own is different because there is another command also triggering. 

Or, another user has setup commands on this board too, which is interfering with your commands.

If you still have trouble, I'd suggest contacting our support team by clicking "Ask Trello Support" at https://trello.com/contact. For them to best help you, you should give them a screenshot of all your commands (not just the ones you put here), since it's possible some commands are interacting with each other in unexpected ways.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events