Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date keyboard entry

kw January 25, 2021

Trello has a keyboard shortcut where pressing "d" while hovering over a card brings up the due date picker.

Previously pressing "d" would also automatically activate the text-entry box of the due date. Thus one could press d and then immediately type a date to assign/change due dates.

However, with a recent change in the due date picker, the cursor no longer automatically goes to the text entry box. It is now necessary to click on a date in the calendar, or click on the text-entry box and type.

For users who assign dozens or hundreds of due dates per day, this appears to be an impractical regression. Is a fix for this issue planned?

2 comments

Ryan Gross January 25, 2021

Hi @kw, this feature is still working for me in Trello, I just double-checked to confirm.

The Due Date pop-up doesn't show if another card's Due Date selector is open, but otherwise the feature does seem to be working both when I simply hover my mouse over a card & hit 'd', or when I open a card & hit 'd'.

If you are still having trouble with this feature, you may want to submit a support request to Trello Support, by going Trello's Contact page and selecting the "Ask Trello Support" option: https://trello.com/contact

Hope this answer is helpful!

Like Donnie Grooms likes this
Mikaela Bell January 25, 2021

I think you misunderstood the issue. It isn't that the due date window doesn't pop up. It is the fact that the text area with the date isn't automatically selected to just type in the date. You either have to click the text box first then type the date in or choose from the calendar.

Robyn Morrison June 16, 2021

I've had the same issue (although I'm a new user) and also find this frustrating - I also want to be able to toggle between the date and the time with a keyboard shortcut and that doesn't seem to be possible. Any suggestions? 

Like Mikaela Bell likes this
Robyn Morrison June 16, 2021

EDIT: tab moves you from the "date" to "time" field and shift+tab moves you back

Also is there a way to move through the calendar to create the corresponding text entry, so you don't even need to manually enter the date? Just a l/r arrow key option to move between dates would be great

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events