Disappointment over Butler Quotas

RVL May 13, 2021

Anybody else disappointed over Butler Quotas? I have Trello Gold, but still seems so limited with this Butler Quotas thing. I was just getting into using the Butler feature which is quite nice but now rethinking Gold because of this limitation

2 comments

Ari Adler May 13, 2021

Butler can be very useful, but as a key ingredient to Trello's success, it does seem like a bit of a bait-and-switch to get you hooked and then convince you to pay more once you're used to how much you like using it -- and how quickly you can burn through your quota. 

Like RVL likes this
RVL May 13, 2021

Yeah, now I'm thinking of scaling back some of my actions on Trello just to preserve this monthly quota limit in order to avoid hitting the max. Will look for other tools outside of Atlassian to use in conjunction with Trello 

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi @RVL 

Welcome to the community! Lots of discussion to be had!

I definitely understand where you are coming from.

Though I actually am not too disappointed. When I was setting Butler up for myself maybe that first month of trial and error I hit 200, but 200 is a lot of commands to run so not sure I've ever come close on a normal scale for an individual. 

Once you use Butler and get moving, a lot of the automations can be bundled in singular Butler Automations. So instead of doing 4 rules for something, you do one, so then it only runs once and only counts as one.

Though i could see many users who may have old ones and never took the time to simplify them down into singular automations hitting issues. 

I also could foresee a lot of people using the Butler buttons which maybe an issue and I am not sure i like that portion of the quotas myself. But I personally don't use those much.

Best,

Clark

Like # people like this
RVL May 13, 2021

The Butler feature is nice, and something I was looking forward too, especially to use Trello as my regular project management tool. So I was quite surprised that the Trello Gold level even had a quota until I checked the documentation on that. Quite sneaky lol.

Like Contegix Support likes this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Eh I am not sure I agree there. Trello Gold is the first level of Trello paid. It's one step up  from Free. The naming is weird as Gold sounds really premium but it's really a basic tier.

Like RVL likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events