Desktop or Mobile App?

Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

I use Trello for both work and personal task/project management. I assume many others do as well. Just curious if folks use Trello more on their phones or desktops? And if that changes if it's work vs personal use? 

I hardly ever use Trello on my phone for work use, but I expect that's because of the lack of work travel at the moment...I bet that will change significantly when travel picks back up. 

My current usage:

Work: 90% desktop / 10% mobile app

Personal: 25% desktop / 75% mobile app

4 comments

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Anthony Doudt 

It all depends on the situation, when I travel the mobile application I used it almost 100% because I do not have time to review it on the computer, now with the pandemic it has decreased a lot, but the mobile application is still my strong point.

Cheers

Like Anthony Doudt likes this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Yes, I think you're right that once my travel picks back up, mobile will be the main usage for both work and personal. I do enjoy the mobile app experience as well. 

Like Vero Rivas likes this
cmmata April 8, 2021

I only use Trello in a side project. I used to have some personal boards, but I closed them because of a lack of attention.

I think at the moment I'm more or less like you, an 80-85% desktop. I find it more comfortable to see the boards on a widescreen rather than on mobile. But I always have the app installed on my phone in case I need to check any card on the go and to take a look at cards with deadlines on the widget. I don't know if the widget counts as "mobile usage", but it's the most useful feature for me when I'm away from the computer.

Darcy Colling April 8, 2021

In our company we mostly use mobile devices, but we mostly use the desktop version of Trello as the mobile versions are much too limited in functionality (no template cards, no powerups). This is by far my biggest beef with Trello. In this day and age, why wouldn't they have the same functionality??

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

I tend to use Trello 95% on desktop for work and personal mainly due to functionalities with power ups and the size of the board/content, however for small individual/personal projects it can work on a mobile. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events